ABOUT OUR ONLINE
Inspireland School Workshops offer English Teachers the complete e-learning solution for Junior and Senior Cycle Students, as well as full access to our full portfolio of arts tutorials for Art Teachers.
Our English workshops are all produced and directed by film and music video professionals to engage and inspire in ways that only the limitless potential of technology can deliver. Our Junior Cycle resources include CBA1 & CBA2 video tutorials for your students Collection of Texts, as well as constantly updated reading list suggestions for poetry, drama and non-literary texts.
We will have our ear to the ground to ensure that teachers have access to resources that are in tune and in time with the ever changing zeitgeists and moods of their students.
For Inspireland, moving our workshops to digital, opens up a
world of possibilities that is limited only by our imaginations
English Junior Cycle
Oral: Video Content
- Spoken Word & Poetry Slam
- YouTube Blogging & Reviewers
- CBA1 Spoken Word & Poetry Slam Video Tutorials
Reading: PDF’s & Texts
- Young Contemporary Poets writing about what young people are interested in
- Poetry for SPHE & Wellness
- Suggested Reading Lists & comments by the authors on each piece of work.
- Non Literary Texts, video game reviews, TV & movie reviews, sports previews and reports, farming reports, journalism
- Contemporary drama
- Comics & Graphic Novels that changed the world
Writing: Video, PDF’s & Text
- CBA2 Poetry Writing Video Tutorials
- Writing video game reviews
- Writing Comics & Graphic Novels
- Writing reports for, or reviewing what you love – sport, social media, video games, television & movies, farming equipment etc
English TY & Senior Cycle
- TY Poetry Slam – Ireland’s most popular transition year workshop has gone digital. Produced and directed by one of Ireland’s most exciting music video and film directors. The magic is stronger than ever
- TY Poetry, Activism & Revolution
- TY Poetry & Wellness
- A conversation about gender, identity and equality
- Leaving Cert – Original mini web documentaries about the secret lives of Leaving & Junior Cert Writers
For Art Teachers
– Over 40 Video Tutorials
- Animation, Claymation & stop motion
- Storyboarding for comics & film
- Visual Storytelling
- Plaster of Paris Sculpture
- Manga & Comics
- Graphic Art
- Street Art
HOW IT WORKS
Simply login, pick your subject, then scroll through the available workshops and tutorials, the video and reading resources and the online lesson plans and schedule it in to your blended learning programme. All teachers at subscribing schools will have unlimited access to the full portfolio of Inspireland online workshops, tutorials and teachers resources, that can be streamed into the classroom, or directly to the homes of your students.
Constantly Evolving Content
In this rapidly evolving and shifting landscape of education, we will work proactively with our schools to provide constantly up-to-date and fresh online content. This will provide teachers and students with the solutions that they need to make the online learning and teaching experience, one that engages, inspires and achieves.
WHAT TEACHERS & STUDENTS
SAY ABOUT INSPIRELAND
He has achieved the impossible. He has made poetry cool for teenagers. The boys absolutely loved it.
Ann Aungier, Glenstal Abbey
Steve is a true alchemist whose influence resonates long after his workshops have finished.
Lisa Connolly, English Teacher, Colaiste Bride Clondalkin
Thanks again for all you do, I think you change lives.
Sheila Quealey – Friars Gate Literary Festival
We all had a great day, I learnt a lot about written expression and a bit about myself too. Thank you so much for coming to our school.
TY Student, St. Mary’s, Arklow, Co. Wicklow
This was honestly the best experience I’ve ever had in school! Stephen is amazing teacher and he helped me a lot with my creative writing and I think writing is way more fun now when you use your imagination!!
2nd Year Student, St. Brigid’s College, Callan, Co. Kilkenny
This workshop was actually unreal. Best thing ever, thought it was going to be shite. Hope the legend comes again. Really funny and actually got loads from the class.
TY Student, Coláiste Pobail Osrai, Kilkenny