ABOUT OUR ONLINE
The platform offers English Teachers an e-learning solution for Secondary School students, as well as full access to our extensive range of art tutorials for Art Teachers.
Our online tutorials are all produced and directed by film and music video professionals. By harnessing the media and technology that young people already engage with, we can engage, inspire and teach in ways never seen before. These video tutorials are specifically designed to furnish your students with the confidence, skill set and enthusiasm to produce a body of creative texts towards their final English results.
The platform is a revolutionary new approach to blended learning that aims to close the gap between a student’s actual ability and her or his potential. It empowers students, teachers and parents with the knowledge they need to help their children reach their full potential by creating ‘personalised’ learning experiences which are planned around each individual student’s specific needs.
VIEW OUR CREATIVE WRITING SAMPLER
- Writing Reviews, Writing for Video Games, Poetry Writing, Spoken Word, Speech Writing, Comparative Essays, Short Fiction, Sports Journalism
- Poetry, Drama, Fiction, Reading & Oral Communication Hub
- Grammar & Punctuation Tutorials
- Writing for Wellbeing
- 45 Online Art Tutorials
For Inspireland, moving our workshops to digital, opens up a
world of possibilities that is limited only by our imaginations
WHAT’S IN OUR ONLINE
English Junior Cycle & GCSE
Oral: Video Content
- Spoken Word & Poetry Slam
- YouTube Blogging & Reviewers
- CBA1 Spoken Word & Poetry Slam Video Tutorials
Reading: PDF’s & Texts
- Young Contemporary Poets writing about what young people are interested in
- Poetry for SPHE (PSHE) & Wellness
- Suggested reading lists & comments by the authors on each piece of work.
- Non-literary texts, video game reviews, TV & movie reviews, sports previews and reports, farming reports, journalism
- Contemporary drama
- Comics & Graphic Novels that changed the world
Writing: Video, PDF’s & Text
- GCSE & Junior Cycle
- Poetry writing video tutorials
- Writing video game reviews
- Writing comics & graphic novels
- Writing reports for, or reviewing what you love – sport, social media, video games, television & movies, farming equipment etc.
- Point Quote Explain
- Punctuation & Grammar
Post-Primary Senior Cycle
- TY Poetry Slam – Ireland’s most popular transition year workshop has gone digital. Produced and directed by one of Ireland’s most exciting music video and film directors. The magic is stronger than ever
- Poetry, Activism & Revolution
- Poetry & Wellbeing
- A conversation about gender, identity and equality
- Comparative Writing Skills
For Art Teachers
– Over 40 Video Tutorials
- Animation, Claymation & stop motion
- Storyboarding for comics & film
- Visual Storytelling
- Plaster of Paris Sculpture
- Manga & Comics
- Graphic Art
- Street Art
HOW IT WORKS
Simply login, pick your subject, then scroll through the available workshops and tutorials, the video and reading resources and the online lesson plans and schedule it in to your blended learning programme. All teachers at subscribing schools will have unlimited access to the full portfolio of Inspireland online workshops, tutorials and teachers resources, that can be streamed into the classroom, or directly to the homes of your students.
Constantly Evolving Content
In this rapidly evolving and shifting landscape of education, we will work proactively with our schools to provide constantly up-to-date and fresh online content. This will provide teachers and students with the solutions that they need to make the online learning and teaching experience, one that engages, inspires and achieves.
WHAT TEACHERS & STUDENTS
SAY ABOUT INSPIRELAND
I am constantly amazed at the engagement and quality that emerges, often from the most unlikely sources. I would heartily recommend it to any school.
John O’Regan, English Teacher, Bandon Grammar, Co Cork
Our students are LOVING your courses. They don’t want to do anything else.
Sinead Fraser, English Teacher, Mungret Community College
They have energized language in this school like no one else before.
Imelda McDonagh, TY Coordinator, St Mary’s Arklow
He has achieved the impossible. He has made poetry cool for teenagers. The boys absolutely loved it.
Ann Aungier, Glenstal Abbey
He crafts workshops like a wizard, magnetises us with meaningful graphics and makes even the most disengaged students get active, excited and involved. Highly recommended. Five stars!
Pamela O’Leary, Assistant Principal, Cork Educate Together School
One of the most unique experiences I’ve had in school. So fun and interactive.
5th Year Student, Cork Educate Together School
Steve is a true alchemist whose influence resonates long after his workshops have finished.
Lisa Connolly, English Teacher, Colaiste Bride Clondalkin
Thanks again for all you do, I think you change lives.
Sheila Quealey – Friars Gate Literary Festival
We all had a great day, I learnt a lot about written expression and a bit about myself too. Thank you so much for coming to our school.
TY Student, St. Mary’s, Arklow, Co. Wicklow
This was honestly the best experience I’ve ever had in school! Stephen is amazing teacher and he helped me a lot with my creative writing and I think writing is way more fun now when you use your imagination!!
2nd Year Student, St. Brigid’s College, Callan, Co. Kilkenny
This workshop was actually unreal. Best thing ever, thought it was going to be shite. Hope the legend comes again. Really funny and actually got loads from the class.
TY Student, Coláiste Pobail Osrai, Kilkenny